P&R Terms of Reference
T E R M S O F R E F E R E N C E
The Policy and Resources Committee will be responsible for the following:
1. All matters of finance, inclusive of:
- Consideration of draft expenditure proposals, as prepared by the Proper Financial Officer and setting the Annual Precept;
- Consideration of all requests for one off grant aid and financial support from outside bodies;
- Consideration of recommendations received from the General Purposes Committee involving expenditure;
- Quarterly financial statements;
- Quarterly internal and annual external audits;
- All banking transactions;
- Receiving and approving all cheques for payment;
- Appointing authorised signatories for bank accounts
2. To ensure that the Town Council is adequately insured to include: asset and revenue protection, legal liabilities and employee accident and travel benefits.
3. To oversee Service Level Agreements with outside organisations, town and parish councils, district councils and county councils.
4. To oversee Agency Agreements with the county council (for example: ‘Working Together – Highways’)
5. To oversee land transfers from developers and from the district council or county council
6. The Committee may instruct the Town Clerk to action correspondence, prior to a Full Council meeting, providing the content is for information only and the response will not interfere with any decision that Full Council may take, when receiving and adopting the report.
7. The Committee will review the following documents at regular intervals:
Town Council’s Standing Orders and Financial Regulations;
Internal Administration Risk Assessment;
Internal Audit and any relevant addendums;
Health and Safety Management Systems;
Tree Condition Survey and Risk Management Plan (Full Review due 2028).
8. The Committee will receive and consider recommendations from the General Purposes Committee for burial charges and allotment rents on an annual basis, prior to the annual precept meeting.
9. The Committee will receive recommended expenditure from General Purposes Committee, Planning Committee and the Staff and Salaries Committee.
10. The Committee will ensure that Gillingham Town Council complies with the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and that health and safety standards are maintained/improved in all areas within the responsibility of Gillingham Town Council, including the completion of risk assessments and accident investigations.